Most operations will be large enough to have the whole space to themselves. However, in the case of there being two smaller operations who do not need the same equipment may be booked together. If you wish to rent the entire space, simply let us know.
There are several ways to utilize Twisted Kitchen, with different requirements and regulations associated with each
Below describes how Twisted Kitchen can be used for commercial and non-commercial food preparation on an ongoing/regular basis.
Commercial Cooking – Kitchen and Commissary
- For food sold to the public (as required by the Health Department to be prepared in a commercial kitchen).
- Exception: For use in producing non-potentially hazardous baked goods only. Check with the Health Department website relating to the Cottage Law for specific requirements. They provide important information about the various programs, program registration, licensure, production guidelines, hazardous foods, labeling requirements, food handlers cards, FAQ’s, and more.
- For food trucks that have made other commissary arrangements (outdoor facilities) but need a place to prepare the food served on the food truck (as required by the Health Department to be prepared in a commercial kitchen).
Non-Commercial Cooking – Personal Cooking
For your personal cooking if a commercial style kitchen is frequently/regularly required.
Below describes how Twisted Kitchen can be used for commercial and non-commercial food preparation on a single-use basis.
Commercial Cooking – Special Event
For public events (fairs, festivals, etc) required to be prepared in a commercial kitchen.
For personal cooking when a commercial style kitchen is frequently/regularly required.
Bookings are scheduled on a first-come-first-serve basis. If your first choice is taken, we’ll do our best to find an option that will work for now and let you know when the desired slot becomes available.
- Individuals who want to start/expand their food business using a legitimate certified facility allowing them to be in full compliance with health industry requirements. Not only does this reduce their liability, but it also enables them to freely market their products and grow their business.
- Existing caterers who need an extra facility to accommodate larger events that they previously couldn’t handle.
- Convenience Food Providers who want to create carry out or delivered meals.
- Restaurateurs looking to expand their catering business without tying up their existing kitchen facility at peak times.
- Gourmet Specialty Chefs who want to market their products to local stores and restaurants.
- People looking to market that “secret family recipe” that your friends and neighbors rave about.
- Bakers and Pastry Chefs who sell breads, baked goods, and desserts wholesale to caterers, restaurants, and retail stores.
- Chefs who want to offer cooking classes or demonstrations.
- Personal Chefs who want to add more clients and achieve more efficiency by doing some or all the preparation in a commercial kitchen prior to entering the client’s home.
- And of course, aspiring Personal Chefs, Caterers, Bakers, and Gourmet Specialty Chefs who want to try out their business ideas!
- Legal Kitchen: Food services regulation requires food sold to the public to be prepared in a commercial kitchen. Today, when caterers, personal, and specialty chefs enter the business, they are forced to keep their jobs small enough to be able to utilize venue facilities or utilize illegal facilities (i.e. home kitchens, etc) and hope their practices will not be discovered. Twisted Kitchen offers our client-companies a sanitary, licensed and permitted facility inspected by Ada County Health Department.
- Low Initial Investment: Small-scale or part-time business operations often cannot acquire the substantial initial capital investment required to open a commercial kitchen. Our facility provides the equipment and sufficient workspace to build or expand your business at a much smaller startup cost.
- Lower Ongoing Fixed Costs: Rent for an exclusive location can be much higher than TwistedKitchen’s minimum monthly plus any additional usage over that amount.
- No Long-Term Contracts: When your situation changes for any reason (you’re so wildly successful you need your own space, or this isn’t the business for you), the Kitchen Sharing Agreement can be terminated with a 30-day notice.
- Convenient Fixed Location: Secured cold and dry storage allows you the convenience of having all your equipment and supplies on site. You have what you need every time you need it, without having to haul it around each time!
- Work Schedule Flexibility: We offer cooks who want non-standard hours the flexibility to utilize the facility 24 hours, 7 days per week. This is especially nice to accommodate other employment schedules, childcare or eldercare requirements, and seasonal trends.
Each chef is responsible for cleaning the kitchen as part of their kitchen use, including all equipment, tables, utensils, and floors. We will supply all the necessary cleaning supplies and will take care of periodic deep cleans. Our staff person will also maintain a cleanliness check list to ensure that each chef is entering and leaving a clean and sanitary workplace.